Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Time Tag

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Mainly shiny wrapping paper...I love making the bows!

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Fake for convenience. Gotta have a real wreath for the smell.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Right after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Each year it seems later and later.....

5. Do you like eggnog?
I LOVE IT!!! But, I love my grandma's boiled custard even better.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I have two....My magical musical thing (still works!) I got it when I was about 7, and my little
cabbage patch baby, Emery Leo. Bryn got Clay Greg the same year!






7. Hardest person to buy for?
Mom and dad. It seems like they have everything and they are very practical. Starting in August, I try to listen very carefully for gift ideas. For both of their birthdays and Christmas.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Any of my sisters.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, I have two. One is an old white ceramic set that my mom used to display, and the other
is a silver set of just Joseph, Mary, and Jesus and arch with a star on top. I can't think of the
name of the company...got it in Sisters, OR.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I do both. Interestingly enough I was just reading in "Good Housekeeping" that it is fine to
send cyber wishes to your friends--no faux pas here! By the way, I haven't sent cards yet.....so Merry Christmas, friends and family! :)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A pink Avon bracelet watch.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I have three that are tied 1) Christmas Vacation 2)White Christmas, and 3) Elf

13. When do you start shopping? Mid September

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, mainly lotions that I get from students. Too many scents bother me, so I give them to
other to enjoy. It's the thought that counts!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Anything that my mom or Bryn make, but especially Mountain Peaks, Kris
Kringles, Carmels, and White Chocolate pretzels.

16. Lights on the tree?
Pre-lit....hey, there's an idea! I prefer white lights over colored. It seems to help make the
ornaments sparkle a little brighter.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
"Let It Snow!"--I used to make Cassie sing it with me over, and over, and over..., "It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas" (love the Osmond version) and love to hear my mom play "Sleighride" on the organ--nice and loud. I also get "Baby It's Cold Outside" stuck in my head all season. Love it!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I've always spent it with the my parents either at home or at a siblings' house. I don't like
winter travel, unless I'm flying somewhere.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? yes...Kristin, I have researched the question of
whether it's Donder or Donner in many children's books. I think the jury is still out. I always
sing donder because that's how I learned the song. And by the way, I always say that
Rudolph couldn't join any reindeer games "like monopoly"....not football for me.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Both--This year a star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We got to open 1 gift on Christmas Eve (usually from my Grandma Hays because it was
pajamas..except for the year I got the pink bracelet watch). Now, I save all the presents for
Christmas morning. I have always loved opening my stocking the best. Santa always
brought us our favorite kind of "sugar" cereal and wrapped little presents like chapstick, jelly
bracelets, gum, etc. that were always fun to try and find as I sifted through the candy.
Stockings= JACKPOT!!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Christmas being marketed before Halloween comes along.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love the traditional red and white. Although my theme would have to be something like "an
ornament for each year of my life". My grandma has always given us one ornament each
year, so my tree is ecclectic.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Fondu for Christmas Eve and ham, cheesy potatoes, salads, butterhorn rolls, and of course
sparkling cider for Christmas day.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Hands free cell phone attachment or $ to buy one.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
3-Way tie between Bryn, Cassie, and DeAnne. Anyone who would like to respond are more than
welcomed!


27. Who is least likely to respond to this? People who don't read my blog. :)
Merry Christmas!

10 comments:

Becky W. said...

I'm first to respond--this was FUN to read!! I love the season and all that it signifies. Who gave you a pink watch? I don't think it was me, was it? Glad you still remember some of the fun gifts--I always planned carefully to hopefully make my kids HAPPY!! Love you, Molly:)

Molly said...

Grandma Hays gave me the watch.

Amber said...

That was fun. I always learn so much about people when I read these even when I think I know them pretty well.
Oh the cabbage patch kid craze. I so remember getting one too and I remember in 5th grade we were able to bring them to school and have them sit on our desk. Do you remember our teacher was Ms Bruggamen (I'm sure im spelling it wrong).
Anyway, thanks for the address, I'm mailing your letter tomorrow.

libbie said...

I was wondering if those amazingly beautiful ornaments you won at Christmas Bunko were hanging on your tree? I hope so . . . would be a shame to let those go to waste! (or you could regift them???)

kylie said...

great post. haha the watch thing makes me laugh...bummer man. i'm so glad grandma fly does the ornament tradition. i'm going to carry it on, and i bought her one here in china!

DeAnne said...

I feel so honored to have my name mentioned in your blog. Were you tagging me? Hmm...I'm not sure. I got this same thing in my email though. Maybe if I feel up to it, I'll post it on my blog too. I totally forgot to ask you how Bunco went. I am going to have to be sure to bring my Bunco game back with me from Newport and then maybe one day when we live in a house here, I can host a Bunco bash!

Cassie said...

Hey I would have responded but my internet wasnt working and now I have great internet at the Hegerhorst home. So I have 4 comments on this post. First of all I loved your music stick and I would always want to play with it and sometimes you would let me and other times not. I still have Let it Snow memorized!! Your tree must be crowded with both a star and an angel!! haha you answered both to that question, I just pictured that! and classic that gma Hays got you that watch, Mitch was asking me who got it for you cuz I was reading your post outloud and we couldn't figure out who. Love you and I really really really really really really, you get the idea wish I could spend Christmas with my big sis! I would be there in a heart beat if I could! MERRY CHRISTMAS SISTAH!

Megan said...

Thanks Molly, hope you had a great Christmas, too! The tree? We'll probably just leave it in this apartment for whomever comes next and they can use it someday. We have a few items/gifts like that that are just too big/too weird to take home. Gotta love the Chinese!

Steph said...

HA! I am least likely to respond...but now I read your blog. You are funny...this was a good read. Some blogs are boring, you know it's true, but not yours. My grandma always gave me Avon earrings...they came in a box marking the day of the week that I was to wear each of the 7 pairs. How helpful, right?

Cassie said...

Your blog is in definite need of an UPDATE!!!!!