Friday, October 24, 2008

Yee-Haw! Life In 1st Grade

I just love first graders. They are some of my favorite people! So this last week at school we had "Dress Up Like a Cowboy/Cowgirl Day" to go along with a PTO fundraising event. I opened the classroom door when the bell rang, and in walked a 19 cowboys/girls and 1 cow. My little steer was so dang funny about the whole "misunderstanding". He thought it was "Dress Up Like a Cow Day"! The cowboys/girls loved having their picture taken with him....and he loved it, too.

A little girl in my friend's class was wearing a "spaghetti strap" tank top with a sweater. It's against our district dress code to wear "spaghetti straps" alone. The kids have to be covered up. Well, she was hot and was complaining that she had to leave her sweater on just because she was wearing "noodle straps".

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I love the little cow misunderstanding! How funny but so cute too! What a brave kid to not get embarrassed and take pics with the rest of the kids! See you in one week! smooch!

Megan said...

Oh so cute!! First graders have got to be the cutest thing! And your classroom looks so fun...can I come to first grade?

Emily Kern said...

That is so funny! I love little kids.

Becky W. said...

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall and observe my little girl being the teacher!! You have to make a book of student sayings. That's all it would take to entertain Gma Fly and your mother for hours :)