Well, okay not really.....but I made it to the top of Badger Mountain this weekend! It is basically the highest "peak" around the area. The trail from the base to the summit is just under 1,000 ft and about a mile and a quarter in length. For those of you who know me quite well, you know that hiking is not my first choice of outdoor fun. It was challenging, not only because it was a rainy day but because I haven't done a lick of "real" excercise since March. I'm out of shape! But then again....was I ever in shape? :) Today is a great day though because I am sore in all the right places, if you know what I mean. (By the way, I love that saying.....it can mean just about anything depending on one's intonation and voice inflections AND it can be used at any time in conversation. For example....."I like tacos, too....if you know what I mean." "How are you doing?," "Good, if you know what I mean." "I love taking my dog for a walk...if you know what I mean." "I just simply love blogging....if you know what I mean.") Anyway, I think I may try to make the climb once a week until the weather takes a turn for the worse. The view on the way up was ever changing with a spectacular view that seemed to make me focus on the temple at every bend. The view may have been even better on a clear sunny day, but the cooler temperature was probably what enabled me to keep on going.....if you know what I mean. :)

Can you see the temple? It's such a bummer
how pictures can't capture it all....but this gives
an idea to those of you who haven't made the climb.

This is my "Wind Blown" look...if you know what I mean.

View of the thriving metropolis of Tri-Cities.
10 comments:
who did you go with? or was it alone time? looks fun. I'll go with you next time :)
Go Molly, Go!! I had a good laugh at the Chariot's of Fire theme. I am glad that you did get to go and that you made it. Do you think that my kids would like to do something like that? Thanks for watching Amree and Bodie for me Friday. I appreciated it and I know they had a good time with their Aunt. The tricky sticks were great too. Good thing we have a big mountain to climb and work some of those calories off. I personally prefer some greenery.
Love ya.
I'm having a good laugh..if ya know what I mean! You're such a favorite of mine! I'm glad you made the climb...climbing, not my favorite either, but the view...wowzers. In all my TC years I've never done that hike or seen that view. Nicely done. Was Rocky playing as you climbed higher and higher? Did neighborhood kids follow you up the mountain cheering you on? Did Butkis your loveable bulldog run beside you? Sorry, I'm getting a little "Rocky" carried away here.
well I have several things to say, first of all I hope its still warm enough for us to make the trek when I get there! Second I had a dream about a little posionous snake last night so it could be a sign, be careful!! Third of all I come in 42 days!!! Also if you want to get in on the next blogger swap I will let you know details, it is going to be a winter swap, anyone can do it you just have to send my friend an email with your info so someone could mail you yours...I will let you know. Also I was curious as to what you will be for Halloween this year, or if you have given it any thought?? I can't wait to tell you what we are going to BEE, or is that a hint? Um also Bryn mentioned tricky sticks what??? You have a pizza pipeline now? I am so excited maybe this time I eat them I won't get super sick like I did at Christmas when I was prego! Sorry its such a long comment, I just LOVE YOU if you know what I mean :)
I'm so proud of you! I'm only bummed that I didn't get to experience it with you. It is a great hike, even if there are no trees! Your Rocky theme music is quite appropriate as well. Thanks for the visit afterward. It's always fun to see you:)
I can't believe you hiked Badger Mtn. without me--and you DID IT!! Count me in on the next group hike that you lead :) I know one thing though--if I succeed, I'm rewarding myself with some CHOCOLATE or Tricky Sticks! (if you know what I mean)
Molly, I love you...if you know what I mean!!! I also love that phrase, but have never thought to analyze it! I am also giggling listening to your clever playlist. Someday when I run my race, I may just copy you! Great job on your exercise! Maybe we could do it together if I ever get to the TC again. I don't know when we will be back...maybe we could climb a hill down here with me...oh wait..we don't have any hills.
Wow!!! You are a super woman!!! I love the "Rocky" musical theme...if you know what I mean?! Molly, you crack me up!!! Thanks for a good laugh.....you are such a goofball!~
Love you!!!
Kimra
hello...if you now what I meen.4th grade is okay if you now what I meen.Its alomst halloween.Maybe I will be barny with a sword and blood or mario.Any kids that were sent principels office.I enjoy other peopeles missry.Any way,i dont think you climb that montian.Love ya,say hi to Nokoa.Bye bye.
Molly...Spencer wrote the last message.
Kimra
Post a Comment