Sunday, September 14, 2008

Chick Flick Weekend

This weekend I decided that I deserved some time to sit back and relax! I had planned my usual shopping errands (returns, etc.) right after work, grabbing a delicious chicken malibu sandwich from Bruchi's for dinner, renting some movies, and curling up on the couch for pure relaxation. It has been wonderful......and I still have one movie to watch tonight. Pure bliss! (I currently have a head cold with the source probably being one of my darling first graders---so I really needed to take it easy this weekend.) That's just a quick update for my sisters and anyone else who is interested. My favorite of my selections was Becoming Jane--I simply love Jane Austen's books and this movie helped me to be more informed about her life and how her novels came to be. Although, I'm going to watch Miss Petigrew Lives For a Day tonight......maybe I'll have a new favorite--but most likely not.

#1 Snack Choice!!!

8 comments:

Bryn and Blaine said...

I loved Becoming Jane also. It put Blaine to sleep but I really enjoyed it. Miss Pettigrew was okay but I agree that the first of your selections was great. I liked the other one you watched too. What does this say about me, yes I watch a lot of movies. It is totally veg time. I missed seeing you this week. Maybe we can catch up next week.
Love ya

Becky W. said...

I have wanted to see the "Other Bolyn Girl" since it came out in the theaters----thanks, Molly! Hope you get some relief from your 1st grade germs and I totally agree that chocolate is the BEST!! I love you~~~MOM

Megan said...

I really want to see Becoming Jane! Maybe I can find a pirated copy here in China. We just watched Pride and Prejudice last night--love it! How was The Other Boleyn Girl? I wanted to see that too. I love chick-flick nights (Chase does too, secretly). Miss you Molly!

Cassie said...

Ok I love the boelyn movie and becoming jane. I think I saw becoming jane for the first time with you at christmas? Gotta love the classics!! I wish I could have been there with you! I can't wait to come home in just a month and a half!! Hallie has been saying "aunt lollie" well we have been working on it! haha! I love you sistah and hope those first graders treat you better than our ctr 8's!! I am still having problems with the one girl?! I need some teacherly advice! Call me when you can!

DeAnne said...

Hey Molly,
Sorry you have a head cold. I have one too and it is MISERABLE! So, Justin has his final interview this wednesday, the 17th. I will let you know if he gets the job offer or not. Wish us luck! Hope to see you soon~
love ya,
D

Jen Childers said...

I have a bit of a cold too...from my lovely 2nd grader:) Hope you feel better this week. I've only seen Becoming Jane, of those three movies, which I thought was good.

Molly said...

Becoming Jane was indeed my favorite. I like Anne Hathaway and the English countryside. The Other Boleyn was good--not my first pick to carry the story line though--kind of choppy and I thought that "Ann" was portrayed as a "darker" role in her relationship with Henry (they sound like my best friends, huh)..Miss Pettigrew = t.v. movie. Megan, I love reading your emails! I miss you, too! :)

Kristin and Alyssa said...

We almost rented Becoming Jane but they were out of it from the Redbox and we're cheap over here. I'm glad to know that it is good because that is next on my list. Sorry about the cold. The kids just started bringing the first of the sickness home. I just got two wisdom teeth out so laying around watching chick flicks sounds really really good to me.